So you are experiencing intermittent internet signal in your home? Despite installing a Wavlink WiFi range extender, getting disconnected while doing an important Zoom call can give you a real pain in the neck. Well, then just relax now as we are here to ease off your worry. Wavlink extenders are self-sufficient to boost the existing signal. Yet you are not getting sufficient WiFi range from it. There is only one thing to be done and that is boosting the Wavlink extender network. This will enhance the overall functionality and efficiency of the device thereby boosting its signal. What was that? Did you ask how that can be done? We are coming to that. If you are getting trouble with your WiFi even after using the Wavlink extender, then there is a possibility that the firmware is outdated. Go to the WiFi Wavlink login page and access its settings to check if you have the latest firmware on your device.
To further know more about signal boosting, keep reading further. This post is going to give you instructions about various tips, which if followed, will result in a fast and steady internet signal throughout your home using the Wavlink range extender. Thus, go on reading.
How to Boost Wavlink Extender Network?
Listed below are some best working tips that will help you access better coverage, range and internet speed using the Wavlink extender. You can choose to follow more than one tip to boost your WiFi signal.
- Reposition Your Wavlink Extender
If you have a weak internet signal from your Wavlink extender, then the first thing that you need to have a look at is its position. Have you placed it in a corner or attic, or a place from where it is difficult to access its signal? Simply sit down and analyze the location of your device and consider relocating if you feel the need. Choose an appropriate location to place it. Keep these things in mind before you make changes to the location of your device:
- Do not place it in a corner, attics, basements, etc. Also, avoid placing it in a cupboard or a closed area.
- Avoid placing the extender on a lower surface. Choose a higher location instead.
- Choosing an open area is always preferable.
- Make sure that you are not opting for a congested place from where it may not radiate full signal.
- While relocating the Wavlink extender, make sure that it is not far from the router or the main access point. The Wavlink extender should be able to receive the optimum signal from the router in order to give away the boosted and expanded signal.
- Another point that needs to be considered is that the extender is not very close to the router as their signals may interfere thereby giving you poor WiFi signals.
- Be certain that the Wavlink extender’s network is not getting obstructed by heavy cabinets, thick walls, heavy mirrors, reflexive surfaces or any such similar object.
- Opt for Firmware Update
To boost the Wavlink range extender’s signal, it is recommended to have the latest version of the firmware installed on it. Wavlink rolls on the latest version of firmware from time to time. All you need to do is, log in to the Wavlink extender by accessing http //ap.setup wavlink to go to the settings and install the latest firmware.
- Get Rid of Signal Interference
Signal interference can be caused by radio waves radiated from other devices like baby monitors, microwave ovens, smart TVs, walkie-talkies, wireless speakers, cordless phones, etc. Avoid placing your Wavlink extender near any such device or appliance.
- Ensure Proper Power Supply
If you have a power outage in your area or if the power supply is poor, then this might be the actual reason for the intermittent internet signal. Ensure having a stable power supply to the Wavlink range extender to avoid any trouble.
- Have a Strong Internet Connection
Make sure that you have a stable and reliable internet signal from the main access point. If the router itself has network-related issues, then there is no point in making changes in the extender. Get the router network improved by making necessary changes first and then try to access the Wavlink network.
With the hope that by making use of the above-mentioned tips, you will get a boosted network from your Wavlink range extender. In case you still have any trouble with the extender signal, then reset it and again do the wifi.wavlink.com setup to begin accessing its network.